If you’re like many people, your To-Do list keeps getting longer and longer – and there doesn’t seem to be an end in sight. You’re working later each day, and even when you take time off work, you’re thinking about all the things you need to do the next day. For some people, it even feels a little like drowning. Sure, it’s a good problem to have… but when it’s starting to take a toll on your mental health and your performance is dipping because you’re spread too thin, it’s time to hire a virtual assistant.
What is a Virtual Assistant, and What Do They Do?
A virtual assistant is a remote worker who provides various services, usually related to business administration, customer service, or creative tasks. In other words, a VA can take care of all the little things that are eating up your time so that you can focus on the bigger picture.
How Can a Virtual Assistant Help You Increase Your Efficiency?
There are a few key ways in which a virtual assistant can help you increase your efficiency:
- VAs can take over many of the repetitive tasks you have to tackle every day. If you find yourself doing the same tasks over and over again, a VA can help by taking over those tasks for you. This will free up your time so that you can focus on more important things. For example, if you spend an hour each day checking and replying to emails, give your VA your password and turn her loose. You can then use that extra hour to work on more important projects.
- VAs can help with complex tasks that you don’t have time for. There are always going to be some tasks that you simply can’t get to because you don’t have the time. But if you outsource your complex tasks to a VA, such as working on a PowerPoint presentation or doing market research, you can free up some much-needed time in your schedule.
- VAs can take on one-time projects. Do you have a big project that’s been sitting on your plate for weeks (or even months)? If so, hire a VA to pitch in and hold things together. Your assistant can take you to task and may even be able to perform a lot of the work for you, which means you can start chiseling away at that big project; before you know it, it’ll be done.
Related: How to manage an insane inbox
How to Find the Right Virtual Assistant for You
Not all virtual assistants are created equal. When you’re looking to hire a VA, it’s important that you take the time to find someone who will be a good fit for your business. The best way to do that is to talk to prospective VAs. Find out how they communicate (and make sure it matches your communication style), how they keep track of work that needs to be done, and whatever else you need to know. Here are a few questions to get you started:
- How do you communicate with clients?
- How do you keep track of tasks that need to be done?
- What services do you offer?
- Can you give me a few examples of projects you’ve worked on in the past?
- What is your availability like?
After you’ve found a VA who seems like a good fit – you’ll know because you’ll “click” – it’s time to make your hiring decision.
Related: Everything you need to know about hiring a virtual assistant
Tips for Working With a Virtual Assistant
Now that you’ve found the perfect virtual assistant (WGSD, in case you were wondering), it’s time to start working together. Here are a few tips to streamline your processes and make your working relationship as efficient as possible:
- Be clear about your expectations. When you’re assigning tasks to your VA, be as clear as possible about what you expect her to do. The more information she has, the easier it will be for her to get the job done right.
- Make sure your VA is aware of your deadlines. If a task doesn’t have a deadline, your VA will put it at the end of her To-Do list so she can prioritize your tasks for you. Make sure she knows when things need to be done so that she can plan her time accordingly.
- Check in regularly. Provide support in any way you can. For example, if she needs information from you to help you complete a project, don’t hold out – get her the information she needs so she can keep you on-track.
Related: Why your VA should run your Facebook ad campaigns
Need to Talk to a VA So You Can Become More Efficient?
Let’s talk about what you need to do to push your business to the next level – and how WGSD can help you get there. Fill out the form below to set up a time to talk!
Leave A Comment